Monday, March 21, 2005

Fabric, nonsense and an energy block


Fun fabric I got at the Houston Ikea, a shout out to DP for taking us there! Everything else we did was delicious gravy...and I mean delicious (Texas BBQ, I heart you)! I think the middle fabric is going to turn into some part of an apron--one day.


My first felt...thing. I didn't have velcro or a zipper so I ended up sewing 5 snaps for the closure--I'd show a picture of the inside if it weren't so disturbing. Hot pink felt + snaps = creepy. Looks like tiny metal teeth in a gummy mouth. Yaaaaaaahhh!!!!


I used to make energy bars almost every week or it seemed in college. I think the recipient and I got sick of them after a while so I stopped...years later there seems to be a resurgence of this treat in my life lately and since I love anything that reminds me of my prework life* I decided to make some. Unfortunately I didn't have peanuts or raisins so I had to substitute dried strawberries and toasted almond slices. Eh, good enough (my life's motto except for strange little things that I get AR about).

*The smell of Neiman Marcus also reminds me of my prework life--I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home