Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Japanese produce

When we were younger my sibs and I went to Japanese summer school, the only thing I remember about it was that we did a bunch of crafts. I got stuck working on a huge bunka shishu (Japanese needle punch embroidery) of a puppy. How do you figure that an 8 or 9 year old kid would have the patience to finish something as intricate and big as a 12 x 24 inch (I may be exaggerating but it was huge) piece of embroidery? I have to admit that I did chose the pattern, mainly because it was a puppy! Never finished the piece--surprise surprise.

Anyway my sister got to make these tiny felt fruits and veggies (I don't think I was offered this option). I recognize most of the veggies but some are a mystery to me--the red one next to the grapes and the orange thing next to the onion. She did a good job! My favorite might be the pea pod--I love the shape.








1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue! Long-time reader, first-time writer. Love the blog! So nice to see what's happening in that brilliant mind of yours. Please keep the posts coming. They're a great distraction from work. Kisses, T

3/30/2005 10:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home