Friday, April 08, 2005

ta...da

Oh my g-ness, my 2003 Christmas present to my pal, Niecy, is finally finished. She's such a sweetie for waiting....and waiting....and waiting. This is what happens when I rush--d'oh! I guess I sort of learned my lesson--I didn't rush (as much) making this ring.
The original (which looked pretty much the same as this one) had four stones in varying shades of pink. Because I rushed to finish it I didn't do such a hot job at setting the stones and when I gave the ring to her one of the stones fell out! How embarrassing. I took it back to fix it and while I was doing that I broke the stone and then in my attempt to fix the "fix" I undid the setting from the ring. Double d'oh! I trashed the whole thing and started a new ring....or had plans to. By this time I was so shell shocked by my cavemanishness that I put it off making a new one (sorry Niecy)....until now. Funny, when I actually sat down to do the ring it didn't take as long as I was dreading. The setting still isn't the prettiest but them stones'll stay in if I have to glue them in! :)

7 Comments:

Blogger  said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!
that is beautiful!
so delicate and pretty!
:)
i love it.

4/08/2005 09:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Did you actually make that yourself!
Beautiful and amazing!!

4/08/2005 05:20:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's a very pretty ring--the colors are so complimentary.

4/08/2005 11:39:00 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

thanks for the words of enouragement guys! a friend helped drill the settings (they're actually short tubes) and then i put it together and set the stones. i buy stones from the same friend who helped--i was hoping for pink stones but these are purple sapphires in varying shades did in a pinch.

4/09/2005 03:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi suzy-q, tried to leave a comment earlier but i guess it didn't post. anyways, back from korea and so excited to read all your blogs. LOVE the beautiful ring--lucky niecy (name still makes me laugh everytime). miss you much, d

4/11/2005 11:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susie! Is this ring really for me? It's soooo pretty! I feel honored to be mentioned on your blog! ;)
Love, Niecy

4/11/2005 05:34:00 PM  
Blogger jess said...

gorgeous! you have a great eye for color and balance. jewelrymaking is such an amazing skill. i toyed with taking a class in it a couple of years ago and never did - now i regret it. also the cherry earrings are darling.

4/12/2005 02:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home