Monday, April 11, 2005

Saturday walk

This lazy bear has come out of hibernation after a looooooong winter of sloth. I actually suggested we take a walk around our neighborhood (note walk, not run--lazy bear isn't ready for that yet...ever). We walked the route we used to run--I'd been wanting to take some snaps on our run...the photogs below are in the order that we "walked into" them.

The cross street is Stitches--ha ha, I'm kidding, it's not. Mostly I took this picture for the bird you can hardly see.


I don't know the name of this viney thing but the flowers have intrigued me for a long time. I used want to do a jewelry piece inspired by this but an idea has never come together in m'brain.


I like the veininess of this weed...is it creepy?


Chameleons I like, geckos I don't.


The boy spotted these leaf "fossils" in the sidewalk by our place. The whole corner sidewalk is covered with these modern fossils!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures; thanks for sharing!

4/12/2005 02:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! I've wanted to take pictures of the area I walk too, but I've never gotten up the energy to lug the camera along with me.. :)

4/12/2005 03:24:00 AM  
Blogger Dallas said...

I love the leave patterns in the sidewalk.

4/12/2005 04:27:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

HI GrouchyFrog!
I'm so glad to have found your site -- can't wait to explore some more.

I also have that Budget Living mag (listed below) -- what a fun mag, no?

Be back soon!
Leslie, aka rubber-sol

4/12/2005 06:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! I love when leaves fall into concrete! It would actually make for a good craft project if we ever put sidewalks around our house.

4/12/2005 11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

suzy-q, beautiful blog, love the pics--have you been taking photography classes? can we go on this walk next time i'm home? miss you, d

4/12/2005 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home