Thursday, April 28, 2005

Disappointment

The last Jewelry Thursday of the semester and all I have to show for it is these two crappy casts I did. Teach me to not rush things...tiny bubbles....on my cast....makes me unhappy, makes me feel like an ass. Hahaha. Doesn't rhyme well but it's accurate. It's okay though, I'll just melt these down and try again. Notice the tiny hearts didn't even come out--well one almost did. At least I got to try out the new equipment, I'm not as scared this time. That's cool.






I got the little sapphires from my friend the other day and I'm kind of excited--I have an idea of what I want to do with them. I'll work on that when class starts in July. I tried to pick out the greeny ones but it looks as though I only got one green one and three blue/green ones. The picture sucks (I was too lazy to take another one) but I wanted to show scale.

Other things I've been up to this week--baking up a storm for today's farewell to my co-worker. Two batches of butter mochi and a pineapple cheesecake--not the fakey ones that are regular cheesecake with fruit topping, this one has pineapple in it. I'd never made it before (the boy recommended it, his co-worker made it once) and I guess it turned out okay, I haven't tried it. Cutting up the butter mochi made my finger tingle, I think I mashed a nerve using the knife but look at the fun results--my own little army of butter mochi!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had butter mochi before. Is it like regular mochi, with butter? I've enjoyed reading your posts about your jewelry making. I have no idea how the whole process happens (like how you go from an idea to a finished ring), I'll have to look into it sometime. But you're giving me intriguing glimpses into this!

4/29/2005 06:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I love butter mochi. Hell, I love all mochi, never met one I didn't like.

I'm also enjoying reading about your jewelry making and the process behind it. Thanks so much for sharing! Please, please email me some butter mochi, I so want to eat some right now. :)

4/29/2005 09:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home