Thursday, April 21, 2005

Shiny happy jewelry

Jewelry Thursday reveals repolished piece from the stash that I gave my sister. I really did work on some newer pieces (one being the triple threat heart ring mentioned earlier, another having to do with an experiment for the postcard swap) but they'll be finished next week.

This is a bracelet I made during a workshop I took a few years back, it has always remined me of horns (or a bull ring). Anyhoo, it's hollow and slightly denty in some places. I had fun making it but boy was it loud. All that hammering--I think I got Popeye forearms from this little thing! Still kinda have them (didn't help that I took another hammer-intensive class after). Haggaggaggah!


These little guys actually started out as one piece of wax (technically they all do....) but I thought it was too big so I sawed off a sliver and ta da! I wasn't thinking from the start that I'd make two but I couldn't let the little sliver go to waste. If I ever end up doing another skinny minny ring I think I'll carve something on the side. The triple threat heart ring will look really really really similar to this flower ring--what can I say, I'm lay-zee.


Randomness--I think this dish set is cute, but why is it so freaking expensive, even on sale? Kind of reminds me of some animal fabric that I have waiting to be made into a baby blanket.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your jewelry! The bracelet and rings are incredible! I'm still in awe that you actually make this stuff.

4/22/2005 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger  said...

oh i love those!!

4/22/2005 11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always!! love, d

4/22/2005 03:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home