Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Idea crusher

So I went to the post office today to mail a package and to get a few answers. I called them FAQs but the post guy called them FTAQs--first time asked questions (to him anyway)--regarding postcards. The answers were either "No" or "You shouldn't." Discouraging answers to the ideas I had in mind.

Q: Can there be any moving parts?
A: No (I should have known this one but I still had to ask)

Q: Can I cut out a piece and sew it back on?
A: No (this was not so much a rule but for the benefit of the receiver--the part might fall off in transit)

Q: Can the edges be pinked?
A: You shouldn't...No.

After I left I came up with more Qs: Does the postcard have to be made of cardstock? Can it be hardened fabric? Would that end up being too heavy? Can the card be laminated?

In the event that the answers are a big fat NO I have the postcards that I managed to buy from the art store, after a discouraging stop at the craft store. When I asked the sales lady if they had postcard stock she said no, but I could try cutting the card stock in half. Thanks. But then who knows, I might not even end up using the postcard stock I bought.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm in the same boat. I went to Ben Franklin yesterday to get some cardstock for my cards and the selection was - bleh! I'm thinking my next stop is going to be a scrapbook store or Hawaiian graphics. And to think you can stick some postage on a coconut and they'll mail it no problem!

4/20/2005 08:39:00 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

I got the postcards from Hawaiian Graphics--yup, my first stop was Ben Franklin. That's where I was told to cut the cardstock. Heh?!

4/20/2005 08:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home