Thursday, April 14, 2005

Pet peeves and bonehead (I have, I am)

So one of my biggest pet peeves is when I introduce myself and whoever I introduce myself to instantly mispronounces my name. Grrrrr!!!!!! This mostly happens on the phone with tech support ("Can I get your name?" "Susanne (pronounced Suzanne)" "Okay Susan, how may I help you?") although it has happened when I'm face to face with someone. Aaaaaaargh!!!

Bonehead moment: I'm in the elevator tonight with my neighbor friend who knows the other person in the elevator (who happens to be my upstairs neighbor I've never met). My upstairs neighbor introduces himself "Hi, I'm JJ" I say "Hi, I'm Susanne." I'm pretty much out of small talk at this point (good thing I'm on a low floor) what kind of quickie small talk can you make in an elevator ("I can hear when you drop marbles on the floor")? Anyhoo, when I get off the elevator JJ says "Bye Susanne." I say "Nice meeting you Jay." D'OH! I AM my own pet peeve.

Resolve to PAY ATTENTION bonehead!

2 Comments:

Blogger  said...

hee hee!

4/15/2005 11:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate hate hate it when people say, "hello myrna!" after I say, "hi my name is myra." Where does this "n" magically appear from? Ugh!

4/15/2005 01:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home