Sunday, May 08, 2005

Swappola

Happy Scrappy! Along with all the wicked postcards I've been receiving I got some fabric and other goodies from a swap in the mail the other day. Fun retro fabric, ribbon/trim and beautiful mother of pearl buttons from Hillary! I can get used to this swapping thing since I'm supposed to be on a spending freeze--eep!


For Mother's day I made this bracelet...it's pretty chacha but that's my ma, she likes chacha jewelry. It's funny, after I took this picture I was fooling around with the bracelet and busted the middle strand! RAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! I'm like the Hulk or something. Hehe. Actually I think it was too tight so I made sure when I restrung the middle strand it had enough give. The only thing about it is that the clasp is lighter than the beads so it kind of flips to the top (outer wrist)...does that make sense? It's a little annoying (it's one of my pet peeves when making bracelets).

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That fabric looks like 40s tablecloth!

Happy Mother's Day*:)

5/09/2005 12:42:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that fabric and I LOVE that bracelet you made! :D

5/09/2005 08:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bracelet!!

5/09/2005 10:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL bracelet!!! And what a fun swap, mail must be so much fun lately. miss you, d

5/09/2005 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh I was coveting that fabric....but I was a tad too late!
:(

Can't wait to see what you make with it!

5/09/2005 05:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home