Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Busted!

I was supposed to post this about a month ago but it slipped my mind....this is the original post:

So the other day I got a word lashing from my pal DP for posting about books instead of more interesting news--I'm engaged! Technically we've been engaged for almost a month now but the boy requested that I keep my big pie hole shut and not say anything until he finished taking his big exam (he'd been studying since the end of last year for this certification exam). He took that exam two weeks ago but I still had to sit on it until this weekend when we told our families the news. GAAAAAD! It was killing me at first--I LOVE gossip!

Anyhoo everyone asks how he asked--it wasn't a surprise because he told me in February that he was looking at rings. We picked it out together in late April and I bugged him to let me wear it around the house. It was too big (the ring, not the rock, the rock can never be too big :) kidding, it can, eight carats is just too big, six is doable though) so we got it resized (it's still too big but I'll live with it for now) and he asked me in early-mid May. In the kitchen. In front of the refrigerator. In our ratty home clothes. He asked, I said yes and we high fived! Woo-hoo!!!!


So it's been a month since we've told family and friends, the glow is wearing off and the crappy reality of planning a wedding is settling in!!! I figure I'll be one of the extremes--psycho bridezilla or unconcerned lazy bones. Makes me want to take the boy up on his original idea--lunch time wedding at city hall, whoever can get off is free to come, we'd maybe even spring for bentos in the park...maybe :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What great news! Sounds like you've been having a good time recently: getting engaged, vacation in Chicago, what more is next?

7/13/2005 07:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

!!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!
:)
how sweet!
:)

7/13/2005 11:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! Big news! Congratulations. Good luck with the planning. I want to say that I wasn't a bridezilla, but I'm sure my hubby and my bridesmaid would shake their heads in disgust.

7/13/2005 05:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations again, Susie Q! And really, no worries about the planning. What's not to like? Dress -- good! Cake -- good! Gifts -- good! And of course, I'm always happy to help!

7/14/2005 09:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay suzy--so excited that you finally blogged about your engagement. very excited for you both...love, d

7/16/2005 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

BIG CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR FUTURE HUBBY!!!

8/20/2005 07:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home