Sunday, July 31, 2005

Expos

This weekend marks the second in a row that I've been to a expo at the Blaisdell. Last weekend was the vintage/antique show and I tricked my sister into buying this vintage dress and bag of circle fabric things. I tried on the dress and it makes me look pregnant and very broad. It looks cute off though. If we weren't so camera shy I'd post a picture of me and my guy in our orange 70's outfits (he's got an orange 70's-esque aloha shirt).

I'm trying to figure out another use for these round fabric things, the lady selling them said they used to make rugs and maybe even quilts with them.

This past weekend we went to the wedding expo. Wow. I wanted to fly through the whole thing but halfway through I figured out (it took me that long to figure out) that I'd better get my money's worth and actually stop and look at things instead of just picking up brochures. So we went back and looked at a bunch of photographers' albums--I have to say I was most sucked in by people who had the gimmicky albums. I'm a sucker for gimmicks, the album I was intrigued with was almost like a popup book (pages with foldout panels) but no fun turning wheel things or pull tabs. I think that'd be even better. That's about it, lots of photographers, oh and we really liked the local winery so I think we might make our own wine for the wedding. Way to stay in budget.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the dress so much! I have that problem with dresses, they all look so much better on the hanger than on me. :(

And welcome to the wonderful wacky world of wedding planning. In the beginning I (oops did I say I? I meant "we") we wanted a very simple wedding, but "we" kept worrying that "we" would regret it if "we" didn't do a pre-bridal or "we" didn't hire a video guy. So the "simple" wedding quickly became "simply" expensive.

8/01/2005 03:41:00 PM  
Blogger laura r. said...

i love the dress!!
the yo-yos are great.
i started a yo-yo quilt 2 christmases ago.
there are really cool things people made with them.

8/04/2005 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Too bad about the dress -- it's super cute. But no one wants to look like a broad broad if ya know what i mean!

And the circles could be used for fabric buttons...how big are they? And yo-yos were the second runner up for my suggestion for you! The patterns are GREAT!

8/05/2005 03:14:00 PM  
Blogger valentina said...

Don't get sucked into creating an ever bigger wedding! It's not necessary. And a waste of money. Better to go on a bigger honeymoon. We went to City Hall, had lunch who showed up for that. In the evening we had a "reception" at a bar. It was great. I haven't regreted it at all.

8/21/2005 03:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home