Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Starts with a "C" ends with an "o" and has "hicaaahg" in the middle

So part of the reason that I've been absent from posting is because we've been on vacation for the past two weeks....or rather I've been on vacation for the past two weeks, the boy was in a conference for a week and on vacation for a week. The conference was in Chicago--whipeee!!! LOVE that town, could they GIVE more food at restaurants? Hmmm....see where my priorities are.

Some of my favorite (and only) pictures taken in Chicago, what's wrong with me?!

Chocolate moussey raspberry deliciousness from Sweet Thang in Bucktown. In general I'm not down with the cakey bottom part--this was no different. But everything else above the cakey bottom--GET IN MY BELLEH! It was our pre-dinner dessert or our backwards dinner. Dessert first, dinner later.


On our way back to our hotel from the Taste of Chicago (giant bbq turkey leg, more bbq that you can shake a giant turkey leg at, and other lip smacking goodnesses) are these large fountain thingies in Millenium Park. So neat that the water shoots out of these electronic-y screen things. They change pictures but luckily I caught the man spitting on people just before it changed. Am I weird?--it grosses me out that people play in fountains but I guess in the people's defense it was really hot and mugcity when we were there.


I'm not sure when I took this, or where (I guess at Harry's Velvet Room--duh) but I thought it was purdy. It was probably on our way back to the hotel from the El.

Can't wait to go back next year (I'm sure my guy is itching to go too--right, I don't think he has such fond memories of Chicago being stuck in all those super fun seminars and all)--the food, the shopping, the art, what's not to like?!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh i want tog othere too! looks great.

7/13/2005 11:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loooove Chicago! I remember seeing that fountain thing somewhere on the net and was so bummed that it wasn't around when we visited. And I agree fountain water is gross, its all recycled.

7/13/2005 05:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I was just there about 2 weeks ago! But I didn't find one of those yummy looking raspberry desserts. I'm very jealous!

7/14/2005 10:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home