Monday, August 29, 2005

Summer (class) is over

Spent the last summer jewelry class eating and finishing up some little projects. So sad, no more marathon Sunday sessions but at least I get my full weekend back. Hehe, lounging is a nice alternative to class (although not a very productive one).
Here's a ring I put together in the last few minutes of class--two former sticky wax rings plus a former sticky wax birdie. Wanted to do something non-charmy with the little bird and thought the "organic" rings would make nice branches. The rings aren't connected so when taken apart the ring with the bird kind of looks like a bird tiara.

Here's a soft focus picture of me wearing the impractical birdie ring, the chubby bird makes me smile. Soft focus rocks--reminds me of the Elizabeth Taylor commercial for Whiiiiiite Diiiiamond.

This other ring was cast (same time as the bird and other rings), also not very practical but not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. Makes me think of the Flintstones.

Hopefully I'll start up fall classes in a week or two--fingers crossed! I haven't signed up yet and am pretty certain the class is already full. If they haven't changed their policy I can sneak in the class because I'm a returning student, if I can't sneak in--THEY SUCK! Hahaha, I keed! I'll just be really bummed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GASP!!
how awesome is that???
very awesome!
:)
wow, i love it. oooh and the flintstone one too, so pretty!
thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!
shucks!

8/30/2005 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! More great works! I love the birdie ring, I think if I wore that to work I would get distracted everytime I type as I would be mesmerized by the sweet birdie.

And I'm still wishin' I could take the Academy classes. Sigh. Maybe when the boy is a little older.

8/30/2005 02:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, great rings! They're both really beautiful. You're so talented!

9/06/2005 05:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowsers. i love the bird one...any chance you'll ever sell some just like these? :)

10/17/2005 03:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home