Monday, October 24, 2005

Poor neglected blog

I'm such a bad blog mama, if this were a kid or a dog I'd be in buckets of trouble! Maybe that's why I'm not allowed pets...buggah. And for all the weeks I've been away I haven't really got anything to show for it except slightly elevated blood pressure (thanks wedding planning!) and some pieces of jewelry and knitting.

The main vendors for the wedding are booked, the only problem I had (blood pressure rising just thinking about it) was booking the stylist--at first she said she was available so I quickly sent her a deposit but a few days later she said she wouldn't be available. Mostly I was miffed (okay, more than miffed, I was like the Hulk--scary) because she didn't tell me right away but eh, I booked another gal so it's okay (blood pressure returning to normal, green color fading, raggy clothes...still raggy). One of my past times is working myself into a tizzy--it's one of the things I do really really well--especially at work.

So I did manage to squeeze my way into the fall jewelry class and here's the first piece I finished (actually it's the piece I was supposed to be working way back at the beginning of summer but I didn't have the stones). I sewed a little draw string baggie for it--sending it in a plastic baggie did not appeal to me.

The ring looks familiar, eh? Similar to this ring but with different stones. My friend's sister-in-law asked if I'd make her a similar ring with her and her daughters' birthstones. I couldn't get the actual birthstones so they're all the same stone, just different colors. Shuckies.


Back in September I spent a whole lot of time scouring the Internet for the perfect light pink yarn for a birthday scarf. Couldn't find the color/softness/thick-thinness, it's like waiting for the stars to align or something. I finally found some natural colored yarn from ArtFibers and decided to dye it using the Kool-Aid method. It was really easy, it just smelled weird (lemonade and wet alpaca/wool does not smell like roses). I wanted the yarn to be a nice even color but it turned out to be ...not even. And brighter than I wanted. I used this neat scarf pattern from Sheep in the City. It's finished, I just need to weave in the ends. The boy said he doesn't think he'd like the scarf as much if it were a solid pink, he likes the variegation. It's not for him though (heehee, pink's not his color), I hope the birthday girl likes it...when she gets it.


Looking at this whole post, "my colors are blush and bashful"..."her colors are pink and pink."* I really like pink and all but I feel the need to branch out and throw in some other colors, break up the monotony.

*First to guess the movie and I'll send you a little somethin' somethin', just 'cause :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Welcome back. The ring is gorgeous (as is all your jewelry).

I've always wanted to try the Kool-Aid dye method. I got some from a swap and it actually smells pretty good to me. Makes me hungry in fact. Well, it doesn't take much to make me hungry. :P

Glad to hear you were able to book another stylist. Wedding planning can be so stressful.

PS. I do declare it's from Steel Magnolias?

10/24/2005 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

Thanks for happy welcome back! And guess who wins?! Odds are sooooooo in your favor Myra :) Sweet! And I already have your info!

10/25/2005 07:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home