Monday, December 12, 2005

Cookies

I jumped on the Christmas cookie bandwagon so spent this past Saturday baking and decorating some gingerbread babies! Actually I was supposed to help my mom bake and decorate but she was feeling under the weather so I decided to bake them for her. After I decided to do it I realized that the only Christmas cookie cutters I have are a couple of star ones circles and a tree...great. I did have a santa one but didn't feel like decorating Mr. Claus. Ended up making mostly snowflakes and trees, I like the trees because of the little star tree topper.

The boy's sister mentioned how she hates baking cookies and I can see why she feels that way. I haven't made cut-out cookies in FOREVER...probably because it feels like it takes FOREVER to roll and cut them out. In the end I figured out that rolling them thicker and a bit chewier was way easier than making gingersnaps.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, they look delicious! I like your designs on the round ones, I wouldn't have thought to do that.

12/13/2005 05:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! And wow! Gorgeous, gorgeous cookies! I wish I could do cookies like yours, but my piping skills suck.

Is the star topper on the Christmas tree a sprinkle?

12/13/2005 09:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! wish i was home with suzy!!!!! love, d

12/13/2005 04:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home