Monday, November 14, 2005

Practicing for Thanksgiving...sort of

Recently I've been carving up some lino/rubber/silicon block thingamabobbers to make my own stamps. It's like taking a ride on an emotional kiddie rollercoaster--ridiculous, but that's me. Starting out I'm giddy, so full of hope and then those feelings come tumbling down when I realize--I carved too much here, there, everywhere. NUTS! Mostly I'm referring to the bird in the tree. The bird's eyeball is too far back, like an alien, and then I forgot to leave a wing somewhere on the bird. Ah well. The boy said the smaller stamps looks like Hieroglyphics but I'm guessing he meant just the bird one. The car and key not so much.

Even though it took me an absurd amount of time coming up with these images and I'm running out of ideas (and carving material), I'm really liking this carving thing (we'll see if I'm still into it after I nick myself).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the stamps came out great, even the alien bird! I don't think his eye positioning makes him look alien, it just makes it look like his head is turned a little.

11/15/2005 05:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been itching to do the same thing. I've had my carving block for over a month but just haven't gotten to it.

I think they all look great. What kind of projects do you plan to do with them?

11/15/2005 08:16:00 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

luv the stamps!!! what did you use for the stamps and where did you buy em if ya don't mind?

i'm in a carved stamp swap and i only hope that mine come out as wonderful as yours.

:)

11/17/2005 06:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home